Do it Yourself Help
Carson Patents® offers Pro Se Assistance. Self Help – Do It Yourself – DIY – Patent Services. For those inventors who want to represent their own invention before the USPTO but want or need some expert help or advice. We offer help with all our patent searching services. You can get expert patent assistance to file your own patent application, write your own response to an office action, edit or add new claims to your application, and convert provisional applications to non-provisional US or International Patent Applications.
DIY Patent Services – Online Help – starting at only $799 – Contact Us.
What is Pro Se Assistance?
If you want to hire professional assistance to file and prosecute your own patent applications, or if you have hit a roadblock, we offer patent services for pro se issues. Professional services are highly recommended. Patenting is complex. Carson Patents® recommends you hire a professional from the start. However we are happy to review and provide mark-ups, comments, and expert tips and advice to help you along the way. Note: the USPTO advises the use of professional patent practitioner help, just like we do.
Important DIY TIP: The Manual of Patent Examining Procedure (MPEP) from the USPTO contains explanations with references to the statutes (laws) and regulations for all aspects of patent application filing and prosecution. The MPEP describes the proper process, format, and rules for patent applications/claims.
DIY Patent Services Help for all types and kinds of patent applications.
- Utility, Design, & Plant Patents.
- US & PCT (International) Applications.
- Provisional Patent Applications (PPA).
- Patent Pending Applications (PPA).
- Provisional to Non-Provisional Conversions & Applications.
- Continuation, Continuation in Part, Divisional, & Substitute Applications.
Personal Patent Service™ advice on “Next Steps” is a specialty.Pro Se Patent Services Contact Carson Patents®.
Online Patent Prosecution
We file and prosecute utility and design invention patent pending applications online at the United States Patent and Trademark Office and at World Intellectual Property Office.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office online filing at – Patent Center, and EFS Web – for US utility, design, and plant patent applications.
- World Intellectual Property Office online filing at – PCT Applications – for international utility patent applications.
- World Intellectual Property Office online filing at – Hague Applications – for international design patent applications.
Important TIP: When looking for expert pro se help/assistance with patent searching, writing, and application prosecuting services from a patents firm/office – only a patent attorney or patent agent can prosecute patents for you.