Gregory D Carson: USPTO Registered Patent Agent
About Greg: Gregory D Carson is our owner, and primary patent practitioner. He is a USPTO registered patent agent, inventor, and an engineer. His patenting experience includes a wide range of utility and design inventions. His patent engineering experience includes biomedical, electrical, and mechanical inventions. The most important thing about Greg is his passion for helping fellow inventors seek patent protection for their inventions and ideas.
Greg’s professional patent services include working on patents as a USPTO Registered Patent Agent.
About Greg’s Education
- Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Engineering, University of Iowa (1986)
- Master of Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, University of Iowa (1992)
- Juris Doctor, University of La Verne College of Law (2016)
About Greg’s Patent License
- United States Patent and Trademark Office [USPTO] – Registered Patent Agent, Registration Number 77,847 – verify with the USPTO.
About Greg’s Law License
- State Bar of California – Provisionally Licensed Lawyer – verify with the CA Bar.
About Greg’s Project Management Certification
- Project Management Institute [PMI] – Project Management Professional [PMP] – Certificate Number 25,627 – current from 2000 through 2022.
Inventor – about Greg’s first patent
Patent: Database & Search Technology
- US 7,225,197 – Data Entry, Cross Reference Database and Search Systems and Methods Thereof, Issued May 29, 2007 – co-inventor US7225197B2. There is some interesting reading in the list of other database searching patent applications and patents that have referred to ours – view the list.
- General Purpose X-Windows Medical Image Display Program, 1992, UNIVERSITY OF IOWA – read the approved thesis paper.
- Experimenting with Feasibility of Telemedicine in Alaska: Success and Lessons Learned, 1996, TELEMEDICINE JOURNAL – together with a nurse and a doctor, we tried out several telemedicine solutions in remote areas of Alaska – view the article.
About Greg’s Military Service
- Greg was a United States Air Force Officer, 1986-1998 – 30% service connected disability.
What is a patent?
A patent is the legal right to control the making, using, and selling of the invention for a limited time. In the United States, utility and design patents are issued for different lengths of time. Utility patents are issued for 20 years from the filing date. Design patents are issued for 15 years date of issuance. Contact us to apply for a patent for your invention or idea.
What does a Patent Agent do?
What a patent agent does is provide patent services. They help inventors (or applicants) seek patent protection for their inventions. There are two stages of patent services involved in seeking patent protection for your invention. The first stage is filing for patent pending status. The second stage is patent prosecution. Patent prosecution is all the follow up correspondence with the patent office. Contact us for help.
What is the difference between a utility patent and a design patent?
A utility patent protects the way an article is used and works (35 U.S.C. 101). A design patentprotects the way an article looks (35 U.S.C. 171). You can get both design and utility patents for an article if invention resides both in its utility and ornamental appearance. Utility and design patents afford legally separate protection. But frequently, the utility and design of a product are not easily separable. Products may possess both functional and ornamental characteristics. Contact us.
Important TIP: When looking for professional patenting services from a patent firm/office – only a patent attorney or patent agent can prosecute patents for you. Carson Patents® your USPTO Registered Patent Practitioner help.
About Us: Professional online personal patent services by a USPTO Registered Patent practitioner. | Biomedical, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering Experience.
Patenting Articles by Greg.
About us: Carson Patents® is verified by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We are a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). We are listed on the VA’s Vendor Information Pages (VIP).