Invention and Patenting Areas We Have Experience In …
- Construction Industry – Hospitals
- Food Service Industry
- Sports – Golf Industry
- Software Patenting
- Software – Business Systems
- Software – Medical Imaging
- Software – Image Processing
- Software – Expert Based Model Systems
- Software – Automated Systems
- Software – Artificial Intelligence
- Software – Security Devices (Wireless, Monitored)
Industry Experience …
- 33 years – Biomedical Engineering
- 33 years – Software Engineering
- 21 years – Construction Engineering
- 21 years – Electrical Engineering
- 21 years – Mechanical Engineering
About: Greg …
Gregory D Carson, USPTO Registration Number 77,847
Of Course we can and do work with any kind or type of patent. Additionally, Greg, has many years experience with software and software patent applications.
Greg understands software, and software patent applications. Greg has a long history writing software applications. Greg has been working with computer software applications since the 1980’s. Greg wrote his first major software application as a part of his masters thesis in 1992. General Purpose X-Windows Medical Image Display Program, 1992, UNIVERSITY OF IOWA – click here to view his approved thesis paper.
Greg received a software patent in 2007 as a co-inventor. The patent is Data Entry, Cross Reference Database and Search Systems and Methods Thereof US7225197B2 – click here to view the patent. This patent is cited by 83 other patent applications to include patents from Apple, E-bay, Google, IBM, and Yahoo. Click here to view the complete list of citations.
Greg has experience with expert systems (model based) – an artificial intelligence technology. Greg has worked extensively with digital medical imaging systems in all modalities.
- Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Engineering, University of Iowa (1986)
- Master of Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, University of Iowa (1992)
- Juris Doctor, University of La Verne College of Law (2016)
Greg’s Certification & License
- Project Management Institute [PMI] – Project Management Professional [PMP] – Certificate Number 25,627 – current from 2000 through 2022
- United States Patent and Trademark Office [USPTO] – Registered Patent Agent, Registration Number 77,847 – active since 2019
- General Purpose X-Windows Medical Image Display Program, 1992, UNIVERSITY OF IOWA – click here to view the approved thesis paper. This image manipulation application was used with an expert model (artificial intelligence like software) based medical image object detection application.
- Experimenting with Feasibility of Telemedicine in Alaska: Success and Lessons Learned, 1996, TELEMEDICINE JOURNAL – together with a nurse and a doctor, we tried out several telemedicine solutions in remote areas of Alaska – click here to view the article.
Greg’s Patent – Database Technology | Search Technology
- US 7,225,197 – Data Entry, Cross Reference Database and Search Systems and Methods Thereof, Issued May 29, 2007 – co-inventor US7225197B2 – click here to view the patent There is some interesting reading in the list of other database searching patent applications and patents that have referred to ours.
Greg’s Military Service
- United States Air Force Officer, 1986-1998 – 30% service connected disability
- Director of Clinical Engineering; Director of Facilities Management, Officer United States Air Force, Wilford Hall USAF Medical Group, San Antonio, Texas (1986 – 1988)
- Director of Clinical Engineering; Director of Facilities Management, Officer United States Air Force, 13th Air Force Medical Group, Clark AB, Luzon, Philippines (1988 – 1991)
- Chief of the Development Directorate: Director of Technology Development, Officer United States Air Force, Development Directorate, 3rd Air Force Medical Group, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska (1992 – 1998)
- Contract Administrator/Project Manager, Municipality of Anchorage, Property and Facility Management, Anchorage, Alaska (1998 – 2000)
- Chief Technology Officer, Municipality of Anchorage, Information Technology Department, Anchorage, Alaska (2000 – 2004)
- Senior Project Manager, Alaska Land Mobile Radio Project Management Office, ISS Department of Defense Project Management Contractor – ALMR Program Management Office Anchorage, Alaska (2004 – 2005)
- Senior Project Manager, Kaiser Permanente, National Facilities Services, Sunnyside, Oregon and Fontana, California (2005 – 2012)
- Law Clerk, Disability Rights Legal Center, Ontario, California and Student Mediator (2015)
- Inland Fair Housing and Meditation Board, Ontario, California (2015)
- Carson Patents, Rancho Cucamonga, California (2019)
Recent Articles by Greg …
- How to do a Patent Search | Patent Searching Basics
- The Cost of | Hanging out a Shingle | Word of Mouth | 21st Style
- What is a 188 Claim?
- What legal service/advice can you get from a patent agent, and is it confidential/privileged?
Gregory D Carson Patents is verified by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We are verified by the VA as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) . We are listed on the VA’s Vendor Information Pages (VIP) at https://www.vip.vetbiz.va.gov/.
Copyright Gregory D Carson Patents – 2019 – All rights reserved